Job Title: QA Engineer – Spanish Testing
Work location: Remote
Work schedule: M-F normal business hours
Location: San Juan, PR
Spanish testing is a critical part of the document testing specifically on the Summary of Benefits (SOB), which gives a brief overview of various benefits, and the cost share details across our network providers, and Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC), which gives detailed overview of benefits and their coverage details across providers.
The scope of testing involves ensuring that any changes that happen in SBC and SOB English templates and incorporated in both SBC and SOB Spanish templates are validated to ensure that the language in Spanish documents print correctly and accurately.
To effectively test this requires both good English and Spanish language skills with testing experience towards validating Spanish document and ensuring it conforms to the English version of documents or templates in texts, verbiage, and all specifications.
Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer:
Required Experience and Abilities
- 3 – 5 years of bilingual testing experience (English & Spanish).
- Hands on testing experience on web-based applications.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and manage test execution activities in both English and Spanish.
- Possess strong analytical skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish languages.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and internal and/or external customers.
- Strong knowledge of agile process.
- Strong experience in validating Spanish document and ensuring that it conforms with English version and specifications.
Required Technical Skill Set
- Solid background and hands-on experience reviewing requirement/user stories and design while creating test assets and performing testing execution.
- Experience using testing tools like Jira, Confluence, and MS SharePoint is required.
- Software analysis, design, and testing knowledge and experience.
- Experience working in Agile Kanban methodology testing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal English and Spanish skills with experience in validating Spanish document to ensure it aligns with English version and translation is required.
- Strong English and Spanish language skills with work experience demonstrating meticulous attention to details.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines while ensuring all details in English version are correctly and appropriately captured in Spanish language on documents.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of healthcare systems and testing health care insurance products and systems is an asset.
- Previous experience validating Spanish documents and ensuring it conforms to English version is an asset.
- Quality Certification such as CSTE, CSQA, CMST, and CSQE is an asset.
- Agile Certification, such as SAFe Practitioner (SP), etc is an asset.
- Engages in the testing of Spanish documents for small to medium initiatives to ensure the Spanish texts, verbiage, and specifications aligns with the English documents or templates.
- Identifies, creates, and executes the appropriate test assets - plans, cases, scripts, and metrics to assure the developed application conforms to requirements and design.
- Coordinates and executes Spanish testing across multiple testing phases.
- Defines appropriate testing methods to employ to assure Spanish document output developed conforms to English documents requirements and design.
- Ensures all applicable SDLC and testing processes are followed, while executing linkage from test plan to test scenarios and test cases.
- Collaborates with the Spanish Test Lead in the creation and the communication of all testing deliverables.
- Coordinates, identifies, and executes test cases while reviewing defects towards assessing application quality.
- Leads defect triage relating to Spanish testing for smaller or medium initiatives.
- Prepare testing metrics, reports status as defined in test plan with supporting data.
- Defines required tests and corresponding test data based on requirements, design, and technical specifications.
- Identifies and documents most appropriate test techniques and test tools for the level and type of Spanish testing to be performed.
- Develops testing documentation (i.e., test cases, test scripts) and obtains approval of all relevant stakeholders.
- Works with the assigned agile development scrum/kanban team on the planning and execution of the required Spanish testing activities for agile projects.
- Coordinates testing of the Spanish output version of document and template to ensure correct interpretation with the English version while identifying any discrepancies in text, grammar, etc and recommending correction needed to the Spanish document.
Use this link to submit your resume via email.